US Preparing for New Military Action Against Iran: Report – Coin Edition

US Preparing for New Military Action Against Iran: Report

Last Updated:
US Preparing for New Military Action Against Iran: Report
  • Trump is preparing contingency plans for possible new military strikes against Iran.
  • US military officials reportedly updated recall rosters and canceled holiday leave.
  • Pakistan, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia are actively mediating indirect negotiations.

The Trump administration is preparing contingency plans for possible new military strikes against Iran as negotiations between Washington and Tehran enter a critical phase.

According to reports citing officials familiar with internal discussions, no final order for military action had been approved as of Friday. Even so, activity inside the Pentagon and US intelligence agencies increased ahead of the Memorial Day weekend.

Defense officials reportedly updated overseas recall rosters while some military and intelligence personnel canceled leave in anticipation of possible escalation. Parts of the US military presence in the Middle East are also being adjusted as Washington weighs the risk of Iranian retaliation if strikes resume.

President Donald Trump unexpectedly returned to the White House instead of spending the holiday weekend in New Jersey, citing “circumstances pertaining to Government” in a social media post.

Diplomacy Still Active Behind the Scenes

Military planning continued at the same time, and indirect negotiations with Iran remained open.

Pakistan, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia are actively involved in backchannel talks aimed at preventing another round of fighting. Pakistan’s Army Chief Asim Munir reportedly traveled to Tehran as pressure mounted to secure at least a temporary framework agreement.

The current negotiations are not focused on a full peace settlement. Officials involved in the talks are instead trying to extend the existing ceasefire and buy more time for broader negotiations.

Iran is reviewing a recent US proposal delivered through intermediaries earlier this week. Reports said the offer included a warning that military action could restart if Tehran rejects the terms.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio said there had been “slight progress” in discussions but acknowledged that major disagreements remain unresolved.

À lire aussi : Le Guide suprême iranien ordonne que l’uranium de qualité quasi militaire reste

Nuclear Program Remains Main Dispute

The largest obstacle in the negotiations remains Iran’s uranium enrichment program. Washington is demanding long-term restrictions on enrichment activities, access to near weapons-grade material, and stronger guarantees that Iran cannot develop nuclear weapons capabilities.

Iran is reportedly seeking sanctions relief, reopening of maritime trade routes, and security guarantees before agreeing to major nuclear concessions. The disagreement has kept both sides far apart despite months of indirect diplomacy.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

White House spokeswoman Anna Kelly said President Trump’s position had not changed and repeated that Iran “can never possess a nuclear weapon” or retain enriched uranium stockpiles.

Trump also warned earlier this week that Tehran had only “a couple of days” to respond to the latest proposal.

En lien : À l’intérieur du pari sûr Bitcoin d’Hormuz en Iran dans le transport maritime mondial

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is for informational and educational purposes only. The article does not constitute financial advice or advice of any kind. Coin Edition is not responsible for any losses incurred as a result of the utilization of content, products, or services mentioned. Readers are advised to exercise caution before taking any action related to the company.